Getting away from it all on Saint Nicolas
On the island of Saint Nicolas, don’t be surprised by the simplicity of the place and the absence of buildings. Nobody lives here. The Glénan Islands are classed as a picturesque natural site. Enjoy the chance you have to be in this preserved environment, so rare!
Your program: Roundtrip and stopover on Saint Nicolas island
Board the “Vedettes de l’Odet” and cross to the magnificent Glénan Islands, located in southern Brittany off Concarneau, around ten nautical miles from the mainland. The Glénan Islands are a dream come true: white sand, turquoise waters, a ballet of sea birds. Welcome to paradise!
Saint Nicolas is quite small, just follow the paths to tour the island in 45 minutes. We suggest you bring your picnic, or book in advance at the restaurant. Sun protection is essential as there is no shade on the island.
Nature outings with Lulu
Enjoy your free stopover on Saint Nicolas island to discover with Lulu, nature guide, the richness of Glenan’s biodiversity. You walk all around the main island to observe seabirds and flora and travel in the past of the archipelago. An instructive nature walk with a nice mention on the protection of our environment.
- Next departures from Beg-Meil at 2.00 pm every Thursdays starting in April. Remember to book your nature outing at the Tourist Office Fouesnant at 02 98 51 18 88. Limited places.
Narcissus of Glenan, an Ephemeral Blooming !
Every spring, naturalists from all over the world arrive on St Nicholas Island to discover the famous Narcisse des Glénan, a species unique in the world and classified as a protected area. An ephemeral flowering that has already begun this year. Discovered in 1803 by a pharmacist from Quimper, this flower, unique and ephemeral, can not be exported since the plants do not reproduce after a few years. Due to the inevitable disappearance of the species, a natural reserve was created in 1973 on St Nicolas Island to protect it.
Two possibilities, to fully discover the Nacissus :
- Accompanied by Lulu, natural guide from Fouesnant. Boking with the Tourist office of Fouesnant at the +33 2 98 51 18 88. Departure from Beg-Meil at 2.00pm, every thursdays in April.
- Discover with a natural guide from Bretagne Vivante Association. Departure from Benodet at 1.30pm or from Concarneau at 1.15pm every Wednesdays and saturdays in April. booking on our website.
Evasion on the Glenan Archipelago: a nice Gift Idea for Christmas !
For Christmas, surprise your loved ones offer their islands: Order your cruise online in a few clicks!
• The Gift Voucher : As soon as ordered, you will receive it by mail. Print it and slide it under the Christmas Tree.
• The Gift Box : Receive at home within 48 hours a nice gift box including an invitation card and a liflet about the Glenan islands. Do not forget to add shipping costs to your order (4 €)
The gift is valid throughout the 2020 season. Your guests will contact us to choose the date of their cruise.